Thursday, August 30, 2012

Tiny Thursday

Today is the big day.  As I write this, I am not 100% certain who will still be here at the end of the day.  A preliminary decision has been made, but is dependent upon a final eye check this afternoon.  I can't bring myself to say an official goodbye yet.... especially since every time I expect to send the kittens off, a health reason ends up keeping them here instead.  So, we will wait to tell you the Washingtons' tale tomorrow.  For today...

Meet our dilute calico princess.

The three Adams boys have two calico sisters, one dilute and one standard.  It is ever so much harder to give car names to girl kittens than boy kittens.  Bentley, Hudson, and Cruz were easy, sophisticated yet macho.  You'll remember when I said there was really only one car name that didn't work for me as a real name, but I was going with it anyway?  This is it.  Her name is Malibu (like the Chevy), although I tend to just call her Mally.

Miss Malibu is the crustiest little thing that walks on four legs.  Her nose, paws, and belly are almost always coated in a substance that is not meant to remain in kitten fur.  You name it, I've probably found it matted on Malibu.
The crustiness doesn't seem to bother her, though.
But since it bothers anyone who might want to cuddle Princess Mally, we end up giving her ultra quick sink baths once a day.
See??  She can do it herself... she just chooses not to most of the time.  She'll get the hang of it eventually.

******************************************************
Malibu loves her brothers and can most often be found snuggled up to Hudson (our grey tuxie, who coincidentally is the second-most hygiene challenged kitten in the litter)
Telling our calico sisters apart is quite easy.  Malibu is the more muted colored one there in the center.  Her sister is at the top.  We'll round out the family by meeting her tomorrow.









10 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love a calico! What a cutie pie. :)

    Good luck with the Washingtons, whatever happens. I know it sucks to say goodbye, but you've given them such a great start. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took absolutely every bit of resolve I had to leave Eloise behind. The boys moved right in. She just wanted to go home. :-(

      Delete
  2. I'm come across worse names on actual humans. Malibu is not so bad of a name. The ending is a little weird for a girl but calling her Mali works. The only other car name that is girly that I know of is Mercedes. I suppose Dakota has been used on girls as well though. Then there's Miata nn Mia, or also Maxima nn Maxi. Taurus would be boy. Actually there really are quite a few names that don't sound too horrible for a cat. I wouldn't use any of them on humans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't hear "Malibu" without thinking "Malibu Barbie". In fact, I may or may not have been singing something about "living in a Barbie world" while giving Ms Mal her medication this evening. ;-)

      Delete
  3. What a cutie....love those tiny toes!!! And the name is fine. :)

    It can be so hard to see the bigger ones ready to go. I have to send in info on Doc & Sally (and now Bourbon & Whiskey) to get them up on petfinder and I am SO procrastinating. Fortunately they go to the petco store where I do the adoptions, so that will be easier and there isn't space quite yet. but still.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That toe shot? I must give photography credit to my 11-year-old daughter. As I was scanning through my photo card last night, I was amazed to find this one. Capturing the toe beans is not as easy as one might think.

      Delete
  4. putting furs back in order isn't grooming.. it's putting furs back in order. Hopefully in time she'll connect one to the other :) One TV show I watched had a female character named Harley..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guiding Light?? I watched that show!!

      And Madame Mally was actually almost clean this evening when I checked in on her. She's either figuring something out or she stayed away from the food dish today.

      Delete
  5. Mally is a cutie, if a bit crusty. We have a long haired diluted over here, also ‘hygienically challenged’ at 6 yrs old. Nick name: Scoots. She pretends not to hear us. Best wishes for the Washington’s’ safe travels. It looks like you’ve done a great job getting them happy & healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ((Sitting in my living room, softly giggling at "Scoots" as to not insult your kitty's dignity))

      Delete