Thursday, December 20, 2012

You Asked For It...

I posted photos yesterday of the auditions for the feline members of Santa's reindeer team.  Even Charlie got into the spirit.  Kerry made mention that she had never seen me in antlers and hooves.  Well, you still won't see me in hooves, but...

The one on the left is my "little" boy.
(Please note what is hanging off my antlers. It only took me an hour of pushing Willie Rae away from it to figure out why she was so interested... Hello, Silver Sparkle Ball.)

And since we don't want to leave out his sisters...

Things will be slowing down here because life is ramping up at home while we head into the holiday... choir concerts, band concerts, class parties, shopping, wrapping, baking (I haven't baked a single thing yet), and kitten connections to make at adoption hours.

I'll still be here, just shorter posts for the next few days with a guest star or two waiting in the wings.  Please keep coming back.  I hope to have lots happy adoption news and an empty foster room in time for Christmas!

I put it at the top of my Santa list.

**********************************************************

HO-HO-HOLIDAY CARDS

I am normally MUCH better prepared for the holidays.  My shopping is traditionally done before December.  My baking generally takes up the two weeks prior to Christmas in one steady wave after another.  One thing that ALWAYS waits until the last minute?  The cards.  We can't all be Robyn Anderson.

I feel as if many of us have become friends through our little corner of the blogosphere.  If you would like a copy of this year's holiday season card (guaranteed to arrive by the Ephiphany!), send your address and I'll send one right out to you :)

COMMENTING

I'm getting hit with a lot of spam comments lately. While it's somewhat ego building that spammers think I have enough daily visitors to make it worth their time, I'm getting a bit weary of dealing with it. I don't want to take away the anonymous commenting option, but if it disappears you'll know why.  


7 comments:

  1. Baking? You'll have to explain to me sometime what exactly that is. LOL-we do maybe 1 or 2 batches of cookies with the kids making most of the mess. Seven-layer bars (otherwise known as Santa snacks) and maybe some sugar or my favorite-butterscotch oatmeal. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I traditionally bake for my kids' teachers every year (a task which grows bigger and bigger every year as they get to junior high and high school). Cookies depends on how much time I have... this year, not so much.

      Delete
  2. I am behind, too! And it makes no sense because Thanksgiving was as early as it can possibly be so there was even extra time. Ah well. I paid for the order of the car behind me in the drive-thru this morning and that made me feel more Christmas-y than anything else has so far.

    You have a lovely family! Perhaps your husband will consent to show his face when he returns for the holidays? Always love a man in uniform!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! As for the husband, I'll see what I can do ;)

      I have never, ever been as far behind on Christmas as I am this year. It's making me crazy.

      Delete
  3. So you kept the antlers on for an hour with the sparkle ball hanging there before you realized it?! That's hilarious!! :0 And I bet Willie Rae was going "but Mama...but Mama...but Mama LOOK!!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To tell the truth, I thought she was batting at the antler (and that was preferable to batting at the pen while I addressed Christmas cards so I ignored as best I could). I didn't figure out the sparkle ball until I took the antlers off completely and she pounced. It wasn't my most intelligent hour, that's for sure.

      Delete
  4. Ha - Robyn Anderson doesn't have three teenagers with many activities to keep up with. In fact, your posts make Robyn Anderson need to tak ea nap after she's read them. :D

    Hey, I like this referring to myself in the third person thing.

    Robyn Anderson thinks Norman is the handsomest kitty Santa on the entire internet!

    ReplyDelete