Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Good News

Despite the tone of yesterday's post, there is good news in Teeny Tiny Tabby Town:

*I am definitely feeling the love after the outpouring of support in yesterday's comments. Many thanks to each and every one of you.

Norm would offer you a chance to kick the pillow sock... if Simba hadn't already destroyed it.

*Norm must be feeling the love too because he had a very good day on Monday. Only one episode of diarrhea (and it was in the box!) and one small issue of inappropriate peeing (and how upset can I be when he puts 80% of his misplaced pee in the shower? Pretty near the drain too!). His eyes were alert and he was interested in attention, following me around the house while I worked. His body might be beginning to fail, but his heart sure isn't.

He is also demanding control of the remote. I think I'll let him have it, too.

*After being called for two job interviews on a single day, I was offered a part-time job that will fit nicely with the hours of The Whisker Watch. I also booked two more clients for pet sitting. I am very excited that the jigsaw puzzle pieces are starting to fit together.


*The school year is almost over... as soon as we survive three days of final exams.

Which brings me to the bad news:

*My brain, through a combination of a taxing interview day, Norm stress, exam stress, and storms, is shutting down and can't think of something good to bring you on the blog today.


*Ruby spent the day under the bed and would not cooperate for Ruby Tuesday.

*To my knowledge, Ruby Junior is still on the lam with her mama because of the storms.

*Ruby Junior Update: It stormed all day Monday in Detroit, pouring rain for hours and hours and hours. Last night, Mama Marmie came to the side door of the house begging for someone to follow her. She led my friend to the hole in the fence where the kittens come through from the yard next door. It was filled with water so Junior couldn't come through for dinner. After emptying the hole out with a coffee cup and returning to the house, my friend saw Mama and her kitten come over for dinner. She's fine, she's safe, she's with her mama and we're praying  she'll get trapped today before the storms come rolling back in. (PS--Her brother and sister are doing much better now that they've started medication!)

*EVEN BETTER RUBY JUNIOR UPDATE: WE'VE GOT HER!!!!!!!

*I'm going to take a couple days off from blogging while I figure out how to make the timing of it all work.... Unless we have kittens moving in. I'll be back if we have kittens moving in.

14 comments:

  1. Kelly, I've often wondered how you juggle so many things and so many roles. And now you are getting a part-time job too? Of course, take all the time you need to get everything settled in your life before you come back to the blog. We love reading about all the happenings in Teeny Tiny Tabby Town, but never let it become a burden to you. We'll always be here, eager for news whenever you're ready.

    And that's great that Norman's Monday was so much better. Here's hoping and praying that he rallies and somehow gives you some more precious time together.

    Love, hugs and blessings, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know how they always say "If you want something done, ask a busy person"? Well, I'm that type of busy person. Don't get me wrong, I know how to relax and I might complain when I am too busy... but when I'm busy I seem to feel more like myself. The best thing is that I've got kids who like to come along for the ride ((Who am I kidding? They're driving this crazy train!!!!))

      Delete
  2. Way to go Norm! Just enjoying scaring your Mama a little?

    I think this qualifies as a blog post just as it is Kelly! Congrats on the job and new clients! As much as I love to read about your antics, you need to be sane to keep it up. Do what you need to do and we will be here when you are ready. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Norm has designed this roller coaster. I'm just along for the ride. ;)

      Delete
  3. Yeah for the job and the Norman!!! Fingers crossed for Ruby Junior (and catching her mama).

    ReplyDelete
  4. The good you say Kelly? Well all those things are good to me-job, Norman doing better, kittens on the way, school almost over...You have a lot on your plate so make sure you enjoy it and (figuratively speaking)eat what you can and share the rest.

    Btw, I wish my cat's errant peeing would be in the shower. It's currently on the loveseat which has NON-removable cushions. She had been using half of it and we thought we stopped it by cleaning it and covering it as a deterrent. Today though she decided to christen the other half. Grrr! I need to think of something to completely fix the problem before Friday (other than getting rid of the cat or loveseat). I have cleaned it and covered it but any other ideas from the helpful friends in internet land? Background-we had her fixed about a month ago and before that she was at the vet and checked out with NO UTI's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How long has she been doing this? Since before her last vet visit? Have you asked over at Love & Hisses? The experts over there would be all over this.

      I'm kind of at a loss for what to do about Norm's pee parade. I'm not thrilled it's in the shower, but it IS easier to deal with. He has two other spots... the tile right outside the shower and the tile in front of the door to the garage. I don't understand the placement but am grateful for the choice of tile over carpet. I also don't understand why he poops in the box but pees on the tile.

      Delete
    2. Re Norman's choices of pee and poop locations: Remember that you yourself penned those now-famous words, "Cats are mental!"

      Delete
  5. Wow! I see tons of good stuff in the post, Ms. Kelly! Norm is doing better (and would he mind teaching my guys to pee inappropriately by the tub drain, please??? vs. the rug, the sofa, the ... ), the school year is nearly over, your business is growing, and you've landed a perfect part-time job. And with the storms and all, Miss Ruby is showing how smart she is ... I mean, wouldn't we all like to hide out (well, OK, IN) bed on ugly, wet, gray days? Congrats on all of it, and best wishes for more. Take as much time as you need; we'll be here when you get back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. purrs for Norman.. May you continue to have good days..
    purrs for Ruby.. for what ever caused her to avoid Ruby Tuesday..

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, what Charlene said. Then,it must be one wise mama cat who has litters in the same area, knows how to keep them safe until they're plucked up, and even has just enough trust of humans to seek help as she did recently. It's really too bad she can't be TNR'd though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Efforts to trap Mama Marmie (and the baby daddy) will begin again soon. I hear they're trying a different kind of trap this time around. Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  8. Kelly-she was doing the pee thing before the visit (hence the reason for the visit). At the time I did post on L+H. I think it has become a bad habit out of desperation for her litter box being inaccessible. See her ONLY litter box is in the downstairs bathroom which occasionally is being used by a child and they occasionally forget when they are done to leave the bathroom door open because all the other bathroom doors get closed. She also has a spot nearby on the rug (which I care less about than the loveseat). They are both currently covered so she can not get to them. I have used a citrus spray to clean them, plus also some vinegar, plus on the rug I had shampoo'd it. It all still smells. So when I come back from vacation I will try some new ideas. Friends and neighbors will stop by to care for her while we are gone. Hopefully things will go well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope Norm is feeling better and those enzymes are starting to work! Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete