Saturday, June 29, 2013

I'm a Tease

I admit it. I'm a tease... a horrendous tease. And sometimes it comes back to bite me, like today. I had an incredible surprise for you today, but life happened and short-circuited best our best laid plans. The surprise is still happening, just not today. Not telling you what it is yet, either. Just that it's beyond huge, beyond special, and worth waiting for. As penance, I will forego teasing you a second time and just surprise you after it happens.

To make it up to you, I present Upstairs Mama as Downstairs Mama. Enjoy your weekend. I'll be back on Sunday evening.

"Nothing to see here. Just a cat sitting on a piece of furniture in the living room."

"And on top of the kitchen cabinets."

"And across the room on top of the other kitchen cabinets."

"Don't tell anyone else I'm here. They might try to join me."

"And Mama's scoped out this spot all for herself."



"What do you mean, you might as well keep calling me 'Upstairs Mama'?"

"Sigh... A Mama's work is SO unappreciated."

"Who IS that pretty lady?"

"Nothing to see here, kid. Not Upstairs Mama and definitely not YOUR Mama."









12 comments:

  1. LOL! I hope hope hope the news is that sweet & funny Mama Clarice has found her very special forever home. :D

    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also... can I just say how much I love that stein?
      Ich hoffe, Sie trinken gut Deutsch Bier.

      ~Chris

      Delete
    2. We were stationed in Germany for 3 years. I used to have boxes upon boxes of steins that we collected as volksmarch prizes. I probably still have them in a box down in the basement, but I'm not sure.

      Delete
    3. Seconding the hope that Mama Clarice has found a lovely home!

      Delete
  2. "Not the momma". Can we call her upper cabinet momma? Mol

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's okay Kelly-life happens. Glad that Clarice has found her surroundings habitable. Now she needs to be Nacho Mama-get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know life happens... and for once it wasn't MY life that happened and changed the schedule. I'll take the rap for teasing, though.

      Delete
  4. Poor Graham! "Is that my mama?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, life happens.. we understand.

    LOVE that first photo of her..

    ReplyDelete