Thursday, June 13, 2013

What's Up, Norm?

"Considering you just spent the past ten minutes tickling Norm's toes and making kissy sounds in his direction? NORMAN... Norman is up, Lady."

We're hanging in there and taking things day-by-day with Mr. Norman. He's a bit quieter than usual and eating a bit less too. He's still quite alert behind those big eyes and generally somewhere close by. He has something new to watch too...

Cat TV!

Before yesterday, the tank was inhabited by the small sucker fish (plecostomus) and two huge goldfish. Apparently, I've gotten a reputation as a soft touch. My daughter's best friend goes to the next elementary school over from ours. Her science teacher is leaving the school and needed a place to re-home the two giant plecos (plecostomusses? plecostomi?) and five smaller fish. My tank  was designated as a "foster home" for the time being. The five smaller ones are spoken for, but can't be taken in by their new family. The plecos? Well, I have a soft spot for plecos. I'm planning on keeping at least one of them, maybe both of them. We'll see how it goes.




7 comments:

  1. I've always loved plecos myself (even though I'm squinchy about touching them when I have to clean the tank, eeeek!) but the last one I had grew to be enormous, even for my 50 gallon tank, so I had to re-home him because he just kept growing and starting wrecking stuff & terrorizing the other fishies.

    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun. I am on the "Do NOT give fish to this lady" list. I am a fish killer. There is no therapy for this so I must stay away from the fish. Luckily, the children, husband, cat, and 2 hermit crabs are still all alive :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo - cat tv. I would love a fish tank but fear I would kill the fish - or find a cat looking for lunch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sends kisses to Norms toes, with instructions to wait before landing if he is sleeping*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kisses to Norm and hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He may be skinny, but he's still a hunk of a mancat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My pleco got to be almost 2' long, was about 4" around the snout. He/she/it definitely liked all the other fish I put in the tank once it grew to a certain size, ate them all.

    ReplyDelete