Thursday, August 29, 2013

Celebration


Tonight, I am celebrating the fact that Princess Torii is the only gray haired lady in the house (and that both of her namesakes hit home runs this afternoon in a fabulous win over the Oakland A's). 

PSA: Never be afraid to visit a local beauty school. The instructor was right there during the whole experience to make sure that everything went right. And for roughly 1/3 of the price that I would have spent in a regular salon, I got gorgeous all-over color and highlights. I feel like a new woman... a much younger woman. Just be prepared to spend a lot of time in the chair while they learn on your head. Part of the 3+ hours that I spent there tonight would have ordinarily gone into writing the blog. I'll owe you a weekend edition sometime along the line.

I just got home and have a purring Maxie in my arms while we watch Project Runway. Have a great night everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I have a friend who gets the best pedicures at the local beauty school. She won't go anywhere else! I need to see if they do the keretin straightening treatments there. I've had it done using a Groupon and loved the results (my hair frizzes like crazy in SC's humidity) but hate the $200+ regular price!!

    Princess Torii is so beautiful - but don't let her get any ideas about coloring her little white goatee! ;)

    ReplyDelete